In certain situations, people of color are invited to participate in the arts, in texts or on stage merely because of their color and/or their diasporic background.
This practice characterizes the instrumentalization of POC (people of color) It is important that this practice is named, openly discussed and that there can be critical exchange about it.
In this EXCHANGE session, Rachida Lamrabet (writer and jurist) addresses this topic together with the attendees.
• What is instrumentalization?
• How does instrumentalization manifest in everyday practice, more specifically in connection with POC?
• How to recognize instrumentalization?
• What can you do against instrumentalization?
• What is the connection between representation, instrumentalization and racism?